As a psychotherapist, I love helping people live life to the fullest. I give keynote addresses and motivational talks, lead workshops, and consult with patients, organizations, practicing therapists, and medical practitioners.
This site includes a wide range of information and tools including information about my therapy services for individuals, couples, and groups to deepen interpersonal relationships. The site has:
- My articles and publications about leading groups, chronic pain, medical illness, therapy groups, coping with trauma, and tips for self-help groups and organizations
- Check out my You Tube clip about the benefits of group therapy, specifically for people with medical issues and illnesses.
- The Medical Information Form™, a free, downloadable method to help patients to keep track of their medications and emergency contact information
- The Rollercoaster of Chronic Illness — How to Add Joy to the Ride™, an inspirational podcast
Additionally, you will find:
- The Therapist's Professional Will™: Guidelines for Managing Absence - This downloadable system takes the critical issue of providing therapeutic continuity for clients from concept to practical application. 6-hour law and ethics courses available to help participants meet the ethical requirement of planning for temporary or permanent absence from practice
- Speaking engagements and consultation services for consumers, mental health professionals, medical professionals, and small business owners
- Recommended Readings and News You Can Use
- Health Resources
NEWS and EventsNEW! Just Released by Routledge: Help Your Group Thrive: A Workbook and Planning Guide, written for managers, leaders of community organizations, book clubs, writer’s groups, and more
Check out my You Tube clip about the benefits of group therapy, specifically for people with medical issues and illnesses.
Join us for: An evening with Ann Steiner, Ph.D.
Hurwich Library Fall Event: Alliant International University, San Francisco Campus
September 11th 6:00-8:00
Help Your Group Thrive: A Workbook and Planning Guide
This event is recommended for leaders of all types of groups - discussion groups, peer support, community organizations, and workplace teams. Open to the community.
Dr. Steiner's New Book
My latest book, Help Your Group Thrive: A Workbook and Planning Guide, Routledge Books, for leaders of work groups, coaches, managers, book and service clubs. This new book is also for leaders of community organizations, self-help groups, writer’s and critique groups, and students of the social sciences, among others. Like my popular book for therapists, this workbook and planning guide includes an overview of different kinds of groups, leadership strategies, tips for dealing with common group challenges, and more. These valuable tools will take you from defining your group's mission to helping your group thrive.
Order your copy today! 20% Discount Code: FLR40, Free Shipping, through your independent bookseller or Amazon.
I was honored to present a workshop, The Nuts and Bolts of Creating and Maintaining Groups that Thrive at the American Psychological Association’s Annual Convention August 9th.
DISCLAIMERS: This site is designed for educational purposes and does not accept or host any advertising. Dr. Steiner has written or approved of all the contents of this website, is the sole individual who pays for all aspects of the site, and is solely responsible for the editorial content. Information provided on this site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
National Speakers Association
This website complies with accepted disability access standards. Find out more information about the Accessibility of the website.